Body Cycles Trike
Our Body Cycles Trike is designed for teens and adults needing extra support to ride. The trike offers additional postural support, stability and builds confidence. Our therapist will design a set of up support attachments to suit your needs.
Our Body Cycles Trike includes an extensive range of attachments which are available to each rider, depending on what their needs are. These have been designed to enable people who need more support the opportunity to ride more freely.
These supports include:
- Cushioned back support to provide support to the head, upper torso and hips of the rider where needed. This will provide maximum comfort, support and safety to the rider.
- The chest pad is ideal for those have a tendency to lean forwards. The little padding will provide support and comfort around the chest and stomach area.
- Adjustable handlebars can be raised and lowered, positioned in towards the riders, or away from the rider using a quick release lever. This easy movement makes it ideal for getting off and on the trike.
- The rear steering has been designed to enable additional support from another individual. It allows the helper to steer from behind, ensuring both the rider and helper are facing the same direction. The steering arm can be adjusted up or down. If requested, the brake lever can be positioned on the steering arm, so the carer to apply the brake.
- The push handle is for pushing or pulling so a helper can stand close to the rider. It’s telescopic and extendable.
- The pommel seat is designed to prevent the pelvis sliding forward. The pommel is designed so the rider can easily move sideways during transfers on and off the cycle.
A car trailer is available as an optional extra for transporting.
This product may not be available in your state.